[c-nsp] Blocking vlan 1 on trunked ports?

robbie robbie at packetized.org
Thu Jul 14 20:41:20 EDT 2005

Brett Looney wrote:
> At 08:13 15/07/2005, you wrote:
>
>>>I know that you can't remove VLAN 1 from trunks on the 3550 but you can on
>>>the 3750...
>
> <snip>
>
>>Yes, you can unequivocally remove VLAN1 from a trunk on a 3550. Unless
>>I've just completely missed something.
>

> <slaps forehead> You're right. I was being dumb. I was thinking of 3524,
> not 3550. Many moons ago we had a 3550 at one end and a 3524 at the
> other... D'oh...

Ah yes, 3524, the land before spanning-tree extend-system-id (and a
myriad of other fun-filled features).

Back on topic, as far as I can tell, I would have to guess that the
inability to remove VLAN1 from a trunk is a software support issue, not
a hardware limitation. What is the switch in question, and what is it
running for firmware?

--
Cheers,
Robbie