[c-nsp] Can pix generate ICMP redirects??

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Fri Jul 15 22:11:12 EDT 2005

Have had this issue before. The PIX will not send an ICMP redirect. It is a
firewall, not a router. It also won't turn the traffic around either, in one
interface out another never the same (of course 7.0 changes this a little).
You could make the interface dot1q, and make the second vlan a dmz interface
and turn the traffic around on the PIX.

David

--
David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com http://dcp.dcptech.com