[c-nsp] 7206VXR (NPE300) Images

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 19 15:00:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:44:58AM -0400, Mario Antonio wrote:
> I was running the Os with the following image c7200-is-mz.122-15.T11.bin
> and these configurations were working Ok:

This is 12.2T

> After Upgrading to c7200-is-mz.122-29.bin:

And this is 12.2-no-T.

This is an upgrade stability-wise, but a downgrade feature-wise.  12.2T
is "12.2 plus lots of nice features (and more bugs").

Since these questions appear here fairly often, I wonder who is
actually responsible for these "upgrades" 12.2T->12.2 - is it TAC, that
recommends this to you?  Is this your Cisco reseller?

Shouldn't the person that gave the IOS image to you be able to answer
your question "now that I've done this, all the nice things do not work
anymore!!!"?  As IOS is not free, someone got money for it, and that
someone should be responsible for useful upgrade/downgrade recommendations.

Just thinking aloud...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de