[c-nsp] Runts

Wojtek Zlobicki wojtek.zlobicki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:50:24 EDT 2005

Have you verified cabling ?  Runts and CRCs can be caused by a faulty
cable.  Second, take a detailed look at the Cisco port counters, there
is a chance that you are indeed seeing runts [sub 64 byte frames].  I
would also suggest that you try various duplex combos [Extreme Full,
Cisco Auto / Auto/Auto].  I have seen all sort of garbage categorized
as a runt when in reality, it did not exist.