[c-nsp] Problem in 3750 ME

Arturo Servin aservin at remoteconfig.net
Wed Jul 20 15:40:37 EDT 2005

Net Guru wrote:

>Hi!,
>        I am facing a strange problem with Cisco 3750 ME switch. I have a 7206 NPE-G1 whose Gig0/1 is connecting to Cisco 3750 ME as a trunk port on Fa1/0/1. I have 3 subinterfaces on that 7206. The moment I enable trunking in the 3750 the reliability at Switch end drop to somewhere around 230/255 & I start getting packet drops. During troubleshooting I made the switchport as access port and immediately the reliability comes up to 255/255 .... This is not a stray incident, its happening each and every time I enable trunking at switch side. But to note - the reliability shows absolutely OK in router side. Any specific problem with trunking ? Any suggestion ?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>NG

    Same trunking protocol (ISL, dot1q?). Force trunking on in the
switch or probably non negociate. Check you have only the vlans that you
need. I suppose your vlans ID are the same in both boxes. Do you have
the show int trunk of the 3750?

-as

--

Remote Config, The Remote Configuration Company
http://www.remoteconfig.net
contact at remoteconfig.net