[c-nsp] L2VPN IPLS plans

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Jul 21 12:03:11 EDT 2005

 I've been thinking posting about this few times, and IPLS/VPLS seems
like good thread to ask this.

 I have situation where I'd greatly benefit of point-to-multipoint 'VPLS',
and to me, this sounds like quite trivial feature. Ideally the 'spoke'
PE's would run normal Martini EoMPLS and 'hub' would 'run poor mans VPLS',
keeping MAC information only locally and acting towards the spokes as
martini draft compatible EoMPLS node.
 Application of this would be the ability to terminate VLAN from
multiple PE's to single VLAN in single hub spoke, in more practical
terms good example might be providing ethernet bitstream DSL out to
customer through one pipe.

 I've already emailed my account team regarding this, but have received
no reply. Would this kind of feature be interesting to anyone else,
if so and you have support agreement with Cisco, could I use your name
when requesting PERS, that would be great leverage.
 Technically I see this as quite trivial hack to 7600 which already
has VPLS code in. Today Ciscos recommendation about solving this issue
is to buy truck load of ethernet ports, and looping EoMPLS through
them back to 7600.

--
  ++ytti