[c-nsp] VPN

Ronald W. Jean ronald.jean at millertechgrp.com
Fri Jul 22 12:37:12 EDT 2005

Any advisement would be appreciated.

I have a customer using a VZW wireless card and can successfully
authenticate to a PIX firewall and establish a session, but apparently is
failing to successfully access the email server. The customer can ping by
IP_addr and resolve DNS. He can also access shared folders on the network.
Outlook is apparently trying to authenticate over port 1155. VZW is not
blocking any traffic and is unable to see the customer's traffic b/c it is
all encrypted inside of the IPSEC tunnel. Any suggestions as to what the
client IT support should look at in supporting this issue. We are not
filtering any traffic from our side (VZW).

TOPOLOGY: INTERNET---->ROUTER------>PIX506----->LAN------>EXCHANGE SERVER

Ronald W. Jean

Network Engineer

Miller Technologies Group LLC