[c-nsp] 6509 Interface Question

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Fri Jul 22 19:21:30 EDT 2005

There is no way to reassign that vlan, except by de-configuring the L3
interface, assigning the (old) internal vlan to the SVI etc that you
wanted, and then redefining the L3 interface.

The vlan allocation policy is a good suggestion, though you could then end
up with some high numbered vlan that you need for on-wire use. But at least
the internal range is not taken right from the middle of the 4K range.

Note that changing the vlan allocation policy requires a reboot.

Tim

At 02:37 PM 7/22/2005, Gert Doering contended:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759