[c-nsp] Load Balancing T1s on 2611

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Sun Jul 24 08:21:31 EDT 2005

Roger Weeks wrote:
[snip]
> Here's what I've done:
>
> ip cef
> ip load-sharing per-packet (on the serial interfaces)
>
> dual ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 upstream router entries
>
> This is all we've done before to get load sharing working.  However,
> looking at the bandwidth utilization on the T1s, the old T1 is taking
> all the load except for about 20-40k on average on the new T1.

Are the ip route entries pointing to IP addresses or interfaces?  I've
found that if they point to addresses, load-sharing does not occur
(which can be verified with "sh ip route 0.0.0.0" where only one route
is visible).

And remember that your router controls the load sharing going out.  The
other router controls the load sharing going out of it (into yours).

pt