[c-nsp] OT: Differences among T1 Internet access carriers

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:45:46 EDT 2005

We have diverse paths into our building from two COs but that's only
for the fiber local loop stuff. We don't have diverse connections to
multiple carriers but we can terminate a new T1 onto one of our
existing DS3s for diversity.

We also tend to like geographic diversity when ordering multiple
circuits from a single provider. For example, we have two Sprint
circuits that terminate (logically) in two different cities. There
have been times where Sprint had problems in one location that had no
effect on the other.

I think I'll just pick the provider who has the services I require at
the lowest price. I see no reason to spend any time on this since
we're just talking about a T1. I'd spend more time on it if we were
talking about a DS3 or OC3.

Thanks,
John