[c-nsp] 7609 EoMPLS questions

Matt Ryan Matt.Ryan at telewest.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 12:30:31 EDT 2005

We have a (number of) 7609s in our network that we want to terminate
ethernet pseudo-wire services on. They have WS-SUP720-3BXL in them with
WS-X6704-10GE uplinks into our MPLS core network. We have downstream metro
ethernet aggregation switches that require an optical connection to the
7609. The majority of our boxes only have optical interfaces on an OSM
(OSM-2+4GE-WAN+) it looks like this complicates matters as it doesn't
support the SUP-720 performing the EoMPLS function (ie/ there is no xconnect
command - at least not in 12.2(17d)SXB6 anyway). Looks like configuring a
SVI with the xconnect it works but only if the OSM is the uplink (not the
10GE). It also appears Cisco recommend not using the OSM style EoMPLS
configuration along side the layer 3 style configuration (we have other
pseudo-wires configured on LAN ports using the layer 3 style configuration).
While I guess I could use the 2 LAN ports on the card and have the SUP-720
perform the encapsulation/decapsulation it would have been nice to get all
the fancy queuing on the OSM as well.

Is the above correct or have I missed something?

Matt.

Altogether Better
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.