RES: RES: [c-nsp] Best practices

Murilo Antonio Pugliese mpugliese at diveo.net.br
Wed Jul 27 10:12:37 EDT 2005

SLCR allows you to only reset the affected line card.

OIR removal was developed to be able to "replace faulty parts" without affecting system operation.
It is always safer to power down the router when performing any hardware changes,
(http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/oir_17940.shtml#how)
IOR Restrictions : A network module can only be replaced by a similar one (if OIR is used).