[c-nsp] cisco 4006

Ravi Patwari ravi at swift-online.com
Thu Jul 28 14:42:18 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I am trying to configure a cisco catalyst 4006 with Supervisor II (X-4013),
one L3 blade (X-4232L3) and 4 48 ports blades (X-4148Rj45).

The configuration is basic and simple as under:

Requirement of about 8 to 10 VLANS who will all communicate at the L3 level
thru the L3 blade.

I have done the configuration etc and the switch works for some time, then we
get timeout errors on the console and the switch crashes and even on
rebooting fails the module test. If we keep rebooting, at some stage it comes
up but crashes again after a couple of hours if not sooner.

One of the messages on the console is that the internal gigabit port on the
L3 becomes a trunk instead of a port channel and the L3 routing stops.

Can anyone please advise what kind of problem this is and a possible fix.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Ravi