[c-nsp] Power Redundancy in 3550 or 3750?

Marko Milivojevic markom at PanGalactic.net
Fri Jul 29 07:06:41 EDT 2005

>  ACK. This is I think most common grief about 3750/3550. And it puzzles me,
> does someone actually buy cat4k only because of this? Since my
> argumentation is that people just bite the bullet, take the risk and
> do not buy a bigger box, so Cisco wouldn't loose anything by having
> models with dual AC/DC PSU's.

	I think they have finally realized this with 4948, which is what  good
"small" service providser switch should be. I guess they will actually
get it QUITE right with next model (absence of SFP/GBIC ports on 10G
version is still confusing). I believe they would sell quite a few of
these boxes if they shipped them with, say, 24/48 100 Mb/s fiber ports.
It would be dream come true for many Metro service providers.

Marko.