[c-nsp] Re: Re: transatlantic Internet latency

Bob Tinkelman bob at tink.com
Sat Jul 30 09:36:00 EDT 2005

> Matthew Crocker <matthew at crocker.com> writes:

> > CLLI Format is:
> >
> > 4 chars for city
> > 2 chars for state
> > 2 chars for street
> > 3 equipment

> Close.  I believe the field you identify as "street" is actually
> "common name of CO".  For instance:

> MCLNVALV - Mclean, VA - Lewinsville CO (about a block from Lewinsville Rd.)

Actually it's "building" or (sometimes) a telco facility within
a building.

Some non-CO examples:

nycmnycz  Telehouse, 25 Broadway, Manhattan
nycrnybb  Telehouse, 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island
nyctnygm  The basement of my house in Queens :-)
nycmny83  111 8th Ave (on some old Verio, now Cogent, CT3s)

The definitive source for most of this is the Telcordia published LERG.

--
Bob Tinkelman <bob at tink.com>
ISPnet, Inc.    718.464.4747