[c-nsp] native vlan

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Wed Jun 1 03:10:43 EDT 2005

Hi Snort,

the concept of native VLAN has been obscure to me too for a while, so you
have my sympathy.

Another way to play Elmar's definition would be to say that the
"switchport trunk native vlan x" command tells the switch to associate
untagged frames received on that port to VLAN x, and de-tag frames belonging
to VLAN x when sending them over that port.

Vincent