[c-nsp] mGRE

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Thu Jun 2 03:30:45 EDT 2005

> Toby Jessup
>
> Any NSPs out there doing managed Cisco mGRE/NHRP or DMVPN
> deployments? How big? Successful?

yes, biggest DMVPN with 24 sites since Dec 2003. Successful in the meantime after suffering from *various* memleaks for over one year, mostly in IKE due to usage of x509-certs.. currently on 12.3(11.9)T where the ugliest things are fixed.
the majority of other VPN's is still classic crypto-map based but where going to migrated some customers with 10-20 sites probably soon..

should also point you to an updated DMVPN design-guide another list-member mailed me yesterday:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/it/ese/DMVPN_bk.pdf
(I still cannot believe: it contains realistic-looking performance numbers for various platforms..)

Michael