[c-nsp] Re: Cisco 7600 vs Juniper M7i

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Jun 2 03:31:35 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Raju Raghvan wrote:

> Has anyone done a comparison between Cisco 7600 and juniper M7i router
> viz its performance while switching some 200MB of internet traffic with
> PBR ,ACL's and policing configured .....I am looking at boxes for my
> internet aggregation , the box will have to do Qos .WOuld be really
> great if someone could through some light on this based on some real
> world experience...

Depends on what kind of QoS you need to do. If you need to do a lot of
packet magic (thousands of queues etc) you'd probably be better off with
the 7304 NSE-100 than the 7600, as you would need the OSM modules for the
7600 which would make it quite pricey.

So, I think you need to provide more detail on exactly what you need the
box to do.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se