[c-nsp] Re: Cisco 7600 vs Juniper M7i

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Thu Jun 2 13:37:42 EDT 2005

Thanks, Ian.  I was thinking more about the Flexwans, which are really a
close relative of the VIP, right?  I haven't had any experience with the
OSMs.  Those use the Sup's PFC for forwarding, even if source and dest
is 2 different ints/subints on the same OSM?  If so, I retract my
previous statement!  That would seem to address the 'VIP running at 99%'
issue we sometimes see under DOS'es.   The new SIP-200 had a PPS rating
associated with it, I'm assuming that one doesn't use the PFC?

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495