[c-nsp] Bundling/using multiple PPPoE sessions

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Thu Jun 2 14:48:21 EDT 2005

Now, replying myself for the archives in case someone has the same problem..
The following is true at least for the 1712 and 17xx with WIC-4ESW.
I was still stuck with only one PPPoE-session, the reason is the same MAC being used for PPPoE sessions.

The MAC on VlanX cannot be changed, it's always the one of the builtin Fast0, but on Fast0 itself the mac can be changed which results in havin the new/changed MAC on Fast0 and the original MAc of Fast0 on every Vlan.
Now using one WIC-4ESW port & a Vlan for one line (pppoe-client dial-pool 1) and Fast0 for the second (pppoe-client dial pool 2) line gives 2 PPPoE session & working bundling again.

Michael