[c-nsp] Re: Re: URPF on small BGP-enabled customers?

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Fri Jun 3 15:40:16 EDT 2005

On 04/06/2005, at 1:10 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> But if you have two transit links and either one is bigger
> than your total traffic, seems silly to me not to point a low-pref
> static default route at (at least) one of them.

Or better still, receive default along with the rest of your desired
table from the transit provider and drop the pref on that as it passes
the border.  Static defaults can bite you on the arse if something
happens to the box at the other end of the link.  Nothing worse than
following a default you generate just to see the traffic get black
holed.

David