[c-nsp] Problem in MultiLink

Per Carlson ml at carlson.homeunix.net
Sat Jun 4 08:44:58 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 01:39:29PM +0200, Tantsura, Jeff wrote:
> Why? Argumentation?

CEF based ECMP doesn't work on every platform. We tried that on a
7600/Sup2 with FlexWAN/Channelized STM-1 running 12.1E, but it failed
totally. The only way we found out to bundle several E1's is MPPP. The
reason (according to TAC) was lack of support for CEF ECMP in the
EARL-architecture.

I have seen that MLFR is supported in 12.2SXB (and later), but have not
got time to try that out yet.

--

Regards, Per Carlson

"If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply know
 better than you do."
  -- Linus Torvalds