[c-nsp] netflow accouting incompatibilities (on vaccess if)

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jun 7 16:57:00 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:45:23PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> ist there a document somewhere that describes under which conditions
> netflow exporting suddenly can go inactive on virtual-access interfaces?

... on a related tangent: is there any IOS available that has
"ip flow egress"?

The fact that "ip route-cache flow" is being renamed to "ip flow ingress"
suggests that it might have an "ip flow egress" counterpart eventually,
and this would save me from having to do netflow on virtual-access
subinterfaces (which is a big can of worms)...

I could do it ingress on the next router towards the core (and thus
getting rid of netflow on the LNS completely), but in our current design,
this isn't possible without double-accounting other traffic (that happens
to hit the same upstream router, but coming from another box that needs
to do netflow as well), which means "network redesign, additional
interfaces, more complexity" and I don't like that very much either.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de