[c-nsp] BGP Question

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Wed Jun 8 05:37:06 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 11:09, Mark Tohill wrote:
> Hi ,

Hello.

> I suppose what I'm asking here is does information
> from iBGP routers get propogated to eBGP routers and
> onward.

In short, yes. An example:

I have 2 routers talking iBGP between my PoP and some
exchange, and the router at the exchange talks eBGP to
other routers connected at that exchange:

PoP Router<--iBGP-->Exchange Router<--eBGP-->Peers

Routes being originated from my PoP router get announced
to my exchange router via iBGP, which in turn
re-advertises said routes to the other peers via eBGP
(filtering issues taken into consideration, of course).

Mark.