[c-nsp] Cisco ip igmp proxy-service

Carl Neenan cneenan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:30:08 EDT 2005

Hi

I have enabled ip igmp proxy-service on Cisco 837 so I can receive
multicast streams we want to offer to adsl end-users

<config snipnet>

ip multicast-routing
!
!
interface Ethernet0
 ip pim sparse-dense-mode
 ip igmp helper-address udl Dialer1
 ip igmp proxy-service
!
interface Dialer1
 ip pim sparse-dense-mode
 ip igmp unidirectional-link

</config snipet>

When I click on the multicast stream for the first time (after
configuring the above on the Router) I receive the stream no problems.
If I stop the stream and re-start I do not receive the stream (or new
streams).  The only way to get it to work again is to delete the
configuration shown above and then re-add it.  Has anyone had problems
with a Cisco 837 and multicast on adsl?? Any suggestions as to what
the problem might be.

Also this works only when in a NAT setup, when I change to no-NAT I
cannot receive any streams and the Router needs to be rebooted.

Regards