[c-nsp] PIX xlate/nat question

Burton Windle bwindle at fint.org
Fri Jun 10 16:23:44 EDT 2005

I have a PIX, running 6.2(3), configured as this:

internet <--> 2620 router <--> Pix <--> switch <--> netflow server

I am trying to figure out a way to allow my 2620 to export netflow data to
the netflow server (10.5.1.34) by using the netflow server's internal IP
(due to a shortage of external IPs), and yet still NAT outgoing
connections from the netflow server.

I had a static entry in my PIX's config that allowed netflow data from my
2620 to reach the netflow server; however, any data sent from the netflow
server was being sent out to the 'net wasn't being NAT'ed (and thus being
blocked by my border router's bogon ACL)

The static entry I had was:
static (inside,outside) 10.5.1.34 10.5.1.34 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

After I remove the above static line, it was getting NAT'ed correctly, but
of course, the 2620 couldn't talk inward anymore.

Is what I'm wanting to do possible; have one device outside the PIX talk
to an internal device by its internal IP, but have outgoing traffic from
that internal device still be NAT'ed properly?

Burton Windle                           bwindle at fint.org