[c-nsp] Modern BGP peering border router and DDoS attack defe nse recommendations?

Tantsura, Jeff jtantsura at ugceurope.com
Tue Jun 14 05:13:49 EDT 2005

There is no way you could ACL a proper setup DDoS without impacting your
customers. Imagine - web based VIP customer is getting instead of usual 1K
connections per second 10K, how would you ACL 9k of zombies?
IMHO this could only be done with a long term analysis of what is normal or
abnormal to those specific hosts + traffic scrubbing.

Jeff
--
Jeff Tantsura  CCIE# 11416
Senior IP Network Engineer