[c-nsp] Mial bomb mitigation

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Wed Jun 15 12:13:29 EDT 2005

Change the MX record and the external address, in hopes that the
infected sending hosts are doing it via IP, and not host name.
Otherwise, talk to the anti-spam vendor, and get a temporary unlimited
license.  NANOG has some pretty knowledgeable people regarding email.
There are many sendmail techniques regarding reverse DNS that can be
used.  Or if the company is small, build an ACL that only allows SMTP
from certain servers, and add onto that list as external senders
complain.  If you can find out the top 50 or so domains they receive
mail from, you can probably make most of the users happy...

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495