[c-nsp] Limiting incoming rate on Catalyst6509

Joe Shen sj_hznm at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Jun 17 02:45:43 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to  limit incoming bit rate on GE of
Catalyst6509. What I want to achive is to limit
incoming bit rate to 300Mbps while permitting 350Mbps
burst rate.  I do the following configuration on
Catalyst6509:

mls qos

mls qos aggregate-policer 300M-test 300000000 150000
150000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

access-list 101 permit ip any any

class-map match-all 300M-test
  match access-group 101

policy-map 300M-test   # this is for ingress traffic
policing
  class 300M-test
    police aggregate shidao

After applying above policy to one of GE interface, I
noticed the incoming rate could be 400Mbps. Is there
any parameter misconfigured?

thanks in advance

Joe