[c-nsp] VMPS on 3750 - does it work?

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Sat Jun 18 02:07:32 EDT 2005

Greets,

Just wondering if anyone out there has had any success configuring VMPS on
a 3750. I've tried standard and enhanced images with no luck.

In brief:

Configured the 3750 as per:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225se/3750scg/swvlan.htm#wp1212223

Using OpenVMPS on a Linux box (sorry - no Cat switches available as VMPS
servers) but...

Running debugging on both the switch and the server shows no traffic at all
ever. Not even when an end-station is plugged in. No queries. No replies.

Looking at the feature navigator, it doesn't show VMPS as available for the
3750 even though the documentation says it works.

Any clues? Or is there something terribly obvious (as usual) that I'm missing?

Thanks...

B.