[c-nsp] 7500 queue question

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Jun 20 10:52:26 EDT 2005

What is the depth of the controller txring in 'sh contr'?

I can't remember if the output hold queue is inclusive of packets that
have already been placed on the txring of the interface to go out.
I would think it is conclusive.

You have to understand your traffig generator and how it generates
burst also. ie: what is the inter-packet gap.

Another thing that is complicated is the servicing
of rx and tx rings and how a few packets will sit on the rx rings until
the interrupt service routine gets a chance to do the lookup to move
it to the tx side.