[c-nsp] 6509 and ip vlan interface status

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Jun 21 09:09:37 EDT 2005

Michael McCormack wrote:

> Any ideas why ,on a Cisco 6509 when I disconnect the cable from a 10/100
> interface on a 48 port module. CatOS reports the interface as
> disconnected, but the Vlan interface associated with that port reports
> as up. Normally I would expecxt the Vlan interface to go down also

catos> (enable) sh msfcautostate
catos> (enable) sh spantree <vlan>

If MSFC autostate is enabled and no other ports are active in the VLAN,
the VLAN should go down.  However, if MSFC autostate is disabled or
other ports (including trunks) are still in the VLAN, the VLAN will
remain up.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_8_1/cmd_ref/set_m_pi.htm#wp1043663

pt