[c-nsp] Network Configuration Help

Victor Matherly vmatherly at wave-communications.net
Wed Jun 22 11:14:04 EDT 2005

	I have a client who moving his network from his office space to a
collocation. I am tying to plan a more efficient network to fit his needs. He
runs a large number of different services such as Specialized web servers,
email, MySQL, DNS.

	His current network setup has 4 private Subnets each behind a sperate router
using its own public IP. He needs to consolidate the hardware, while keeping
the same network config.

	My initial thought would be to use a PIX 525 with 8 FE interfaces.I would
partition it into 4 virtual devices using Multiple Context Mode. Each virtual
device would have a  public outside interface and one of his private subnets
behind NAT. I don't have a lot of experience using a pix firewall so I am not
sure whether this is the appropriate way to do this.

What would be the best way to go about this setup? Is there a better way to
achieve this?

--
Victor Matherly
Wave Communications