[c-nsp] PIX w/ 2 ISPs

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:05:15 EDT 2005

All,

I currently have a T1 with a PIX behind it.  I'm having issues with
developers in our company constantly download isos for various
distributions.  The downloads are a legitimate business need, and
aren't duplicates (we post the downloads to an internal repository).

However, these downloads tend to saturate the T1.  It has been
suggested that we buy a cheap DSL connection... have a computer
connected to it... and download to it.  I don't like the idea of
ANOTHER thing to firewall, manage, etc.  Even getting another T1 and
bonding it with my current connection would only give me half of what
some DSL companies are offering these days... and I don't need upload
for this stuff.

SO... My idea... Could I simply use another interface on my PIX for
the the DSL connection, and make specific routes on my PIX to send
downloads (i.e. downloads.redhat.com) across the DSL connection?  I
would prefer to avoid putting an additional router between the ISP
connections and the PIX.

Thanks,
Dave