[c-nsp] 6500 parity error

Ian Cox icox at cisco.com
Fri Jun 24 13:04:09 EDT 2005

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/msgguide/emsg.htm#wp1185555

>Error Message    MISTRAL-SP-3-ERROR: Error condition detected:
>[chars]
>
>Explanation    The most common errors from the Mistral ASIC on the
>supervisor engine are TM_DATA_PARITY_ERROR and TM_NPP_PARITY_ERROR.
>Possible causes of these parity errors are random static discharge or
>other external factors.
>
>In 12.2(18)SXD3, is SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-SP-3-ERROR = MISTRAL-SP-3-ERROR ?

Yes, the name was changed to be more generic than have ASIC codenames
so people outside development and test know what the error message refer to.

>Would this be from the memory on the SUP2 (not the MSFC2 memory)?

No. There are two System controllers, one for the RP and another for
the SP. It is the SP System Controller that is reporting the error.

Ian