[c-nsp] Cisco WCCP and Squid on Linux

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Sun Jun 26 22:32:43 EDT 2005

Does anyone have working together? I've got a client that has 2x ADSL
WIC's in a 2600 but we can't get wccp to work. The GRE tunnel comes up and
chatters, but we get no requests over the tunnel. The relevant parts in
the router config are:

ip wccp version 1
ip wccp web-cache

interface dialer0
 	ip wccp web-cache redirect out

The router sees that it should be talking to someone but nothing happens:

router#show ip wccp web-cache
Global WCCP information:
     Router information:
         Router Identifier:                   x.x.x.x
         Protocol Version:                    1.0

     Service Identifier: web-cache
         Number of Cache Engines:             1
         Number of routers:                   1
         Total Packets Redirected:            0
         Redirect access-list:                -none-
         Total Packets Denied Redirect:       0
         Total Packets Unassigned:            0
         Group access-list:                   -none-
         Total Messages Denied to Group:      0
         Total Authentication failures:       0

Any ideas?

Thanks