[c-nsp] AS5400 OIR

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Mon Jun 27 06:01:46 EDT 2005

Hello All,
I need to add a 8porte E1 and a DSP card to a 5400, and I see that cisco
states
"All DFCs on the Cisco AS5350 and Cisco AS5400 chassis support online
insertion and removal (also known as hot swapping). You can install,
remove, replace, and rearrange the DFCs without turning off the chassis
power.
When the chassis detects that a DFC is installed or removed, it
automatically runs diagnostic and discovery routines, acknowledges the
presence or absence of the DFC, and resumes chassis operation without
any operator intervention."

The question is anyone have any experience ?  Can I insert new cards in
an operational device without problems ?
The last part "resumes chasis operations" scares me.

Thanks
Brian