[c-nsp] VLAN traffic shaping on Cat6500/SUP720

Ian Cox icox at cisco.com
Mon Jun 27 10:46:04 EDT 2005

Traffic shaping is not supported on "interface vlan" interfaces.
Traffic shaping is supported only with modules like the
OSM-2+4-GEWAN, and other WAN media modules with PXF ports. On
FlexWAN, Enhanced FlexWAN, and the SIPs, and SPA modules.

If you want to limit the traffic through the vlan you can police it.
Please remember to make sure the ingres/egress ports have their mls
mode changed from the default of port mode to vlan mode, otherwise
the policer applied the "int vlan" will not take effect.

Ian