[c-nsp] multicast on layer 2

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Mon Jun 27 11:14:06 EDT 2005

Enabling PIM enables IGMP, and the router starts sending periodic General
Queries. There is no way to enable queries w/o enabling PIM. But, as long
as "ip multicast-routing" is not in the config, you won't L3 switch the
multicast.

The other options are as I described. You need a querier in the VLAN, or
you need to disable snooping & flood on all ports.

Tim

At 07:14 AM 6/27/2005, Tantsura, Jeff observed: