[c-nsp] hybrid vs integrated IOS rosetta stone?

Colin Jenkinson C.Jenkinson at uws.edu.au
Tue Jun 28 05:33:17 EDT 2005

The following document is quite useful if you have a have a CCO login:

Comparing Layer 2 Operations in CatOS and Cisco IOS System Software on
the Catalyst 6500
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_
tech_note09186a008010e9d5.shtml
You may download this document in PDF format.

This link is from this page:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/tsd_produ
cts_support_design_technotes_list.html

There is also a white paper "COMPARISON OF THE CISCO CATALYST AND CISCO
IOS OPERATING
SYSTEMS FOR THE CISCO CATALYST 6500 SERIES SWITCH" which compares CATOS
commands and IOS
commands. This has some very useful tables and examples of the
differences between the two.
This is also available in PDF format and is available without a CCO
login.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_white_pap
er09186a00800c8441.shtml

Other White papers may be found at: