[c-nsp] 7600 feature availability.

Ian Cox icox at cisco.com
Tue Jun 28 18:13:29 EDT 2005

At 05:37 PM 6/28/2005 -0300, Murilo Antonio Pugliese wrote:

>Folks.
>
>I wonder if someone from this list deploys the following features at
>a Cisco 7600 Series Router :
>
>         CBWFQ
>         LLQ
>         LFI
>         MLPPP
>         GTS
>         FRTS
>         CAR
>         WRED

Depends upon line card / interfaces you are using.

CBWFQ/LLQ support on FlexWAN, Enhanced FlexWAN, SIP-200, SIP-400, OSM
PXF interfaces
MLPPP/LFI support on FlexWAN, Enhanced FlexWAN, SIP-200
MLPPP on CHOC12/DS0 and CT3 OSM interfaces
WRED yes
WS-X... modules support WRR queuing with WRED.

GTS is not supported, Shaping is supported through the MQC
infrastructure, on appropriate line cards.
FRTS is not supported. Traffic Shaping for Frame Relay DLCIs is
supported through MQC infrastructure. Achieves the same result but
configuration is different from the 7200 FRTS, it is the same
configuration as used by the 7500.
CAR is not supported. Equivalent functionality is provided by
Policing configured by MQC infrastructure.

>         LDP
>         MPLS
>         MPLS-based VPN
>         VRF import/export map
>         MPLS DiffServ
>         RSVP
>         MPLS TE

Yes to all the above except, I don't know what you mean by MPLS
DiffServ?? Do you mean MPLS DiffServ TE

>Also, I wonder if the 7600 works in distributed mode ?

If you have DFCs on line cards then it does distributed forwarding.
The system always does distributed QoS, the QoS features supported
are a function of the ingress / egress line cards.

Ian