[c-nsp] Visible bug IDs and Cisco service requests

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Wed Jun 29 13:18:20 EDT 2005

Add to all of this...

Customer buys high end gear and discovers a "hidden bug" won't let them run
the configuration they were told would work.  Customer rants at Cisco and
decides to take $20M a year budget to Juniper... (real example, not our
company)

I think all bugs should be visible to registered CCO accounts (after all, if
they're registered they are paying money for support right?).  General
public or pre-sales.. I can understand that answer being no... To some, it's
scary to pull up a list of bugs with a particular release or particular
hardware and see 10 pages.... To others who understand and are used to it,
it's a lifeline to know what will work and what won't...

Just my two cents worth..
Paul