[c-nsp] Monitoring failed state of DSL / Cable (Ethernet) interfaces

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Tue Mar 1 13:09:59 EST 2005

I have a configuration where I am load balancing default routes over 2
WAN interfaces.

One interface is a T1 and the other is an ethernet interface plugged
into a DSL / Cable bridge.

My concern is that if the connectivity goes down on the Cable / DSL
then the interface
may stay up, since the ethernet connection may still look good.

I think some of you are using SAA stuff to deal with his, does anyone
have any links on this?

Basically I just want to check the next hop and if its down, then pull
the route.

Brian