[c-nsp] IOS device failover

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Fri Mar 4 10:41:29 EST 2005

Hi Tim,

> I am wondering if there is currently a feature in IOS that will let me do
> the following:
>
> If server A fails, I'd like traffic to be redirected to server B.

You could try running routing daemons on Servers A and B, e.g. Quagga
or Zebra, advertising the servers' service addresses to your router(s).
You can then prefer Server A, and traffic will be dropped there unless
it's unreachable and only Server B is left over.

Yours,
	Elmar.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <bu6o7e$e6v0p$2 at ID-31.news.uni-berlin.de>)