[c-nsp] Interconnecting two T1s with C-DS3

Patrick Bohannon pbohanno at kiva.net
Fri Mar 4 15:29:49 EST 2005

>  Is your mux equipment external that would allow you to do
> the cross  connect or do you have the DS3c right into a cisco box?

Yep, on both of the concerned DS3 circuits there is an external MUX.  I
guess my basic question was whether or not it was that easy; a physical
cross-connect, that is.

>  It depends what the customer wants it to be. E.g. if they
> require it to be 'private line' between LOC A and LOC B, then
> using your routing infrastructure would require MPLS/VRF-lite
> or something along those lines.

Yeah, I was thinking a MPLS VPN might be interesting here but I don't think
it's completely necessary.  Food for thought.

>  There may also be some legal issues with this, since in
> effect you will be cutting the LEC(s) or one of the long
> distance companies out of a customer.. They don't like that
> too much ;)

I'll check with some folks, then... Thanks for your help!