[c-nsp] Kingston RAM for 6500/Sup2/MSFC2

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Fri Mar 4 20:12:46 EST 2005

I am sanity checking Kingston's site for Cisco equiv RAM.

Config:
WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE
WS-F6K-MSFC2

Looking for:
MEM-S2-512MB
MEM-MSFC2-512MB

To upgrade both the Sup2 and the MSFC2 on board to 512MB of RAM. (I know
thoughts are mixed about upgrading a SUP2 to 512MB of RAM, but the price
diff isn't very big).

Anyway, according to Kingston's equivalency by MFR part, they both come
up with the same Kingston part (KCS-MSFC2/512, 512MB DRAM Module for Cisco).

While I'd love to believe Cisco has standardized the two parts and that
a third party has recognized this and run with it, I just want to make
sure others have noticed the same thing and enjoyed the same
standardization. ;)

Thanks in advance!

DJ