[c-nsp] FR QOS

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sat Mar 5 04:21:21 EST 2005

> I need some help with respect to the FR QOS. In our scenario, we have
> 2 PVC's configured under single E1 Link and PVC belongs to respective
> customer. The respective PVC has again 4 different types of traffic
> such as Voice, FTP, etc.
>
> The Demand is that Total E1 BW should be utilized among to the 2
> VPN's and again among the respective classes of traffic such as
> Voice, FTP, etc. The QOS config should be defined in such a way that
> in case PVC-1 is down then PVC-2 should utilize all the E1 BW and
> then sub divide among all the 4 classes.
>
> Similarly it should be other way round also.
>
> Can some body tell me what sort of QOS config has to deployed for
> achieving this ?

You need some form of hierarchical CBWFQ using the "match fr-dlci"
class-map classification in the parent and your customer-specific
classes at the child. you would then apply the policy-map at the
physical FR interface, not at the customer-specific sub-interfaces.
Please note that some platforms (for example 3600) require you to shape
at the parent.

Here's an example:

class-map match-all platin
 match ip precedence 5