[c-nsp] Halabi's ospf guide

Yuri Selivanov uri at tomsknet.ru
Sat Mar 5 09:47:23 EST 2005

		Hi!

	I think all of you guys remeber that plain-old "OSPF Design Guide"
(CCO Document ID 7039) by Bassam Halabi... OK. I also used it a lot long
time ago, but recently I've found some interesting inconsistency in
OSPD Database example section where we've got following testbed:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080094e9e.shtml#appa2

	As we can see from RTC's "show ip ospf database" output, RTA is a DR
for RTA-RTC link as it generates Type2 LSA for that link. But that's wrong
because RTC has highest RID than RTA (203.250.15.67 vs 203.250.13.41) and
RTC's gonna win DR-elections. Am I right?

P.S. May be he simply missed something like "ip ospf priority 10" in RTA's
     Eth0 configuration?

	TIA!

--
Best Regards,