[c-nsp] QoS over two T1's

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Tue Mar 8 13:17:11 EST 2005

Background

Customer runs two t1's from us to them.  Load balanced via EIGRP.  They
use a third party application that is very slow.  So we did some testing
and put all the regular internet traffic over one t1 and the third party
application over the other t1.  This has greatly increased there speed.
But this application is only using about 300k of bandwidth.

What I would like to do:

I would like to go back to load balancing the two t1's and prioritize
the traffic so the 3rd party app. Gets the bandwidth it needs but get
back some of there bandwidth for regular internet traffic.

I've setup QoS before but i have not had to load balance while
prioritizing.  Any suggestions.

I'm thinking I match the traffic with an ACL, use a class-map to match
it, and apply to the Policy map.  Then apply to the two serial
interfaces and continue to use EIGRP for load balancing?  Does this
sound right?

Or

Do I use a route-map to keep all the 3rd party app going down one t1 and
mark it, match it with class-map, apply to policy map and then only
apply to the one serial interface?

In the midst of Policy maps, being this is data and not voice should I
Priortize or use bandwidth?  With out fail I need to make sure this
traffic gets the bandwidth it needs. But would also like to use the
bandwidth for internet traffic if not used.

TIA

Scott