[c-nsp] Solved: interesting problem with PIX, double NAT and routing

Aldo Valente aldo.valente at gmx.de
Wed Mar 9 05:46:47 EST 2005

Dear all,

since i wasted your time with my problem, i want to show you the solution.

The pix *always* uses the more specific route, even over a connected one.
Against the Cisco Docs, the pix *can* have the same route twice, here inside
and outside.  You just have to use another metric.

Now i have

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outer.router 1
route inside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 inner.router 2

And that`s how it works both ways.  To ping a host which is inside
you have to "ping inside inner.host" due to the better metric to the
outside.

Meanwhile, i even found the Docs, which i had only printed on paper on the
net:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/config/bafwcfg.htm#wp1113552

Thanks,
Aldo

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---